DVD-R/W Versus DVD+R/W
To Burn a DVD
To burn a DVD in the lab, insert a blank DVD into the drive with the RW ReWriteable insignia on the right corner of the drive door.
The blank DVD dialog box should open automatically. Select Cancel.
Go to Start->All Programs->DVD Burning->InfraRecorder.
The Home screen will open up. The Data Disc icon will be the top left choice on the menu. Choose DVD on the Data Disc icon.
Navigate to the files you want to burn on the DVD in the Explorer view. Drag and drop files into the empty window below.
When ready, select the third icon from the left on the top menu to Burn the current compilation to a physical compact disc.
A new window will appear. Select OK to begin the burning process. A temporary window will appear while the files are burning to the disc. When complete, this window will close, and the DVD will automatically eject. If you plan to burn the same data at a later time, Save as a Project. Close the window to exit the program.
from wikiHow - The How to Manual That You Can Edit
Most Macintosh computers now can burn CD's. It is fairly easy and straight forward to burn a data CD, but it is sometimes more difficult to burn a music CD. Just read this quick tutorial to learn how.
- Open up iTunes.
- Create a new playlist by clicking the + button in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen, apple N, or File>New Playlist.
- Name your playlist.
- Click and drag your selected songs from the library into the playlist.
- Change the order by dragging the songs around if desired.
- Insert a blank CD.
- Click on the "Burn" button in the bottom corner of the screen.
- Choose your settings.
- Wait patiently. iTunes will burn the music you put in the playlist onto the CD. This may take a while, depending on the speed of your drive. When the CD is done, an audio CD with the tracks you put on it will pop up in iTunes. You can now eject the CD and it will be ready for use.
Sources and Citations
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Burn an Audio CD on Mac OS X. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.
- My Computer
- Labs and Equipment
- Instructional Technology
- Mac FAQs
- Remote Access
- Using SILS Servers