SILS offers several certificate of specialization programs that allow currently enrolled master's students to develop strength in predefined areas of concentration in information and library science. Completion of the requirements for a certificate results in an endorsement on the student's transcript.
These certificates are intended for students enrolled in the master's program, as well as those with master's degrees, who wish to acquire expertise in addition to the normal master's degree, and receive recognition for this training.
The coursework and fieldwork required for these certificates varies, and is described in the individual certificate programs. Also see the Certificates of Specialization information flier for further information.
- Clinical Information Science
- Post Master's Certificate in Data Curation
- Digital Curation
- Interdisciplinary Health Communication
- International Development
- School Library Media Coordinator
- UNC Nonprofit Leadership Certificate Program
Other certificate opportunities are available throughout the University.
For more information about the Certificate program, please contact us via e-mail or call 919.962.8366.
- Dual BS-MS Program
- Archives & Records Management Concentration
- Certificate Programs
- Post-Master's Certificates
- Dual Degrees
- Evidence-Based Medicine
- Financial Information
- Field Experience
- School Library Media
- Youth Services