- $4 Fridays - still going through end of April - to date has raised $1,414 with a grand total of $2,414 with Sarah Michalak's matching funds.
- Snack sale in Health Sciences Library (HSL) - raised over $300.
- Cupcake Walk - scheduled for April 27th, the last day of classes. Outside of Davis library starting at 11 a.m.
- Silent Auction - Summer 2011. Will be asking for donated items or services from the community.
- Dunk-A-Dean and Pie-A-Professor raised nearly $1,000 in a three hour time period.
- Cutest Pet Contest - Vote during the All Staff BBQ on May 24th. There is a fee per entry and prizes for the winners.
- Snack sale in HSL during finals.
If you wish to donate to the project, please select the link to donate at the top of the Build a Block Web page. This will take you to a secure form to donate by credit card. If you choose to donate this way, be sure to select Carolina Library Community under "My gift supports a Habitat Champion!" If you don't, the money will still go to Habitat for Humanity, but it will not be credited to the Library Community effort.
If you want to donate by check, that's great, too! Make any checks out to “Habitat for Humanity of Orange County” (NOT to UNC, the Library or to SILS), add a memo that the funds are for the Carolina Library Community. You may send checks or drop them off at either the SILS Administrative Office at Manning Hall or to the Library Administration Office in Davis Library.
For more information about the Carolina Library Community project, contact one of the following individuals:
• Tyler Dzuba, president, Information and Library Science Student Association, SILS, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Ashlee Edwards, president, Information Science Student Undergraduates Empowered (ISSUE), SILS, email@example.com
• Peggy Myers, University Library, firstname.lastname@example.org, 919-843-5651
• Lara Bailey, email@example.com or Susan Sylvester, firstname.lastname@example.org, SILS, 919-962-8266
Your contributions really count!