Meal Documentation

For business meals to be paid, faculty/staff members must complete and submit a Meal Documentation Form. The university will no longer reimburse the cost of a business meal, arrangements should be made for the restuarant or caterer to directly bill the school.  This form is only for meals that are independent of travel. If you are given an itemized receipt you will need to submit the receipt to SILS administration. 

Note: A detailed itemized receipt is required as the university must be able to verify whether alcohol has been purchased as it has account number implications. 

There are several restaurants in the area that will directly bill the university.  Please contact Susan Sylvester if you would like to have a reservation made at one of these restaurants. They are:

  • Top of the Hill (please note you will need your UNC OneCard and a copy of their billing form which can be obtained from Susan Sylvester)
  • Carolina Inn
  • Crook's Corner (they require an account number)
  • Lantern (they require information to be emailed prior to the meal, please note they have started charging an invoice fee on top of the tip)
  • 411 West
  • Elements
  • Venable
  • Acme
  • Glasshalfull
  • JuJuBe
  • Cholanad
  • Tandem
  • Oakleaf