Click a topic below to learn more:
Schedule meetings through the GoToMeeting website to avoid scheduling over another user’s meeting.
Please include your name in the meeting title so the Help Desk can contact you if a conflict arises.
- Click “Schedule a Meeting” and enter your meeting information.
- Include a contact name in the new meeting name
- For recurring meetings, include the days of the week in the new meeting name.
- Do not schedule a meeting that conflicts with another meeting on the same account.
Contact the Help Desk if you need to schedule a meeting at the same time as another user.
- Right-click the GoToMeeting icon in the system tray and select My Meetings…
- Sign in with the correct GoToMeeting account. If you do not know your assigned account, please contact the help desk.
- Select your meeting from the list and click the Start button.
- Your meeting will start, and the GTM desktop interface (pictured below right) will open.
See below for a description of the desktop interface features (pictured to the right):
- Hardware On/Off
From left to right, these control your Microphone, Screen sharing, and Webcam. Green icons are turned on.
- Detailed Options
Click Sound Check to test your microphone and speakers, or click the three dots for more options.
By default, GTM beeps until the first attendee joins the meeting; to turn this off, de-select On-Hold Beeps from the three-dot menu.
- Attendees List
As attendees join your meeting, they’ll appear in this list. The microphone and webcam icons turn green when their microphone and webcam are on.
Click the Invite icon at the bottom of the list to send someone a link to join your meeting.
- Chat Panel
Use this panel to send messages to meeting participants.
- Recording a Meeting
Click the red circle to record your meeting audio and screensharing (GoToMeeting does not support recording webcam video).
Click the gear on the right to choose where to save your recording.
3) Lynda.com offers complete GotoMeeting training at http://software.sites.unc.edu/lynda/. This training features short videos covering all aspects of GotoMeeting.
5) Instructions for Guests will guide meeting participants through necessary set up.