Copying at SILS
Copying will still require an PIN, which is available through the Papercut Web Portal, and only be available at the SILS Main Copier. Copying will be limited to Full Time Faculty, Staff and Adjuncts in Manning Hall. The SILS Copier is located in room 110 on the first floor of Manning Hall. Quotas are set to 500 Black and White pages and 50 Color pages. Please remember you can scan and print at all Xerox Machines in Manning Hall.
The links below provide step by step instruction on checking Copy quotas and using Secure Print to send sensitive or confidential information to the printer.
For additional printer support, visit the SILS IT Help Desk in the SILS Library or contact the Help Desk through email at email@example.com or phone at 919-962-8188.
How to check copy quota on SILS Copier
Note: These instructions are for checking your quota on the copier only. You can find your print quotas by accessing the Web Print portal. (See instructions for accessing the Web Print portal here.)
- Select Print from USB on home screen
- Enter your copier PIN as your User ID and press Enter
- Your remaining copy quota will be displayed in the upper left corner as seen below.
- You can also select Change Accounts by selecting your name in the upper right corner and this will display your remaining quota in full screen
- Remember to log out when you are finished.
Sending a secure print job
After you send a secure job, it is held at the printer until you enter your passcode at the printer control panel.
1.To send a secure print job, you will need to open Xerox Printing Preference panel. Depending your application, how to reach the panel may be different:
Microsoft Office: Click Printer properties.
Google Chrome: Click Print using system dialog and click Preferences.
Firefox: Click Properties.
2. Select Secure Print under Job Type.
3. Create a Passcode (of your choosing) for your print job. This passcode will be used at the printer to access your print job.
3. At the printer, press Job Status button, tap Secure Print Jobs tab, and tap your Onyen.
4. When prompted for passcode, enter the passcode you created.
5. Inside your secure print job folder, you can choose to individually release or Release All.