Printing to the Xerox copier from OSX Video Instructions.
Printing to the Xerox copier from a Windows computer:
Setting up the copier
- Click on the Start button.
- Type \\sils-pelican and press enter.
- Double-click on the printer you want to add.
- For black and white printing, double-click SILS-BWCOPY
- For color printing, double-click SILS-COLORCOPY
- Once the driver installs, the printer should be available to select from any application's print menu.
Sending a print job
- Note, by default the copier will print double-sided unless you change it under Preferences (see below)
- When prompted for User ID, enter your assigned personal 4-digit PIN code.
When the print job has been successfully sent to the copier, you will receive a notification.
Sending a secure print job (won't print until you type your PIN at the copier)
- To send a secure print job, you will need to open Xerox Printing Preference panel.
- Depending your application, how to reach the panel maybe different:
- Microsoft Office: Click Printer properties.
- Google Chrome: Click Print using system dialog and click Preferences.
- Firefox: Click Properties.
- Select Secure Print under Job Type.
- Create a Passcode (of your choosing) for your print job. This passcode will be used at the copier to access your print job.
- When prompted for User ID, enter your personal 4 digit PIN code.
- At the copier, press Job Status button, tap Secure Print Jobs tab, and tap your Onyen.
- When prompted for Passcode, enter the passcode you created.
- Inside your secure print job folder, you can choose to individually Release or Release All.