Software for Your Computer
SILS Microsoft Imagine (formerly DreamSpark):
SILS has signed up with Microsoft Imagine to provide Microsoft software to SILS students at no cost. To be eligible, you must be enrolled in at least one class at SILS. SILS degree students are automatically enrolled and receive a welcome email at the beginning of the academic year. Non-degree students enrolled in a SILS course must contact the SILS Help Desk for Microsoft Imagine access.
The ITS Virtual Lab provides dozens of applications via a web browser. See the Virtual Lab list of applications for further details.
Microsoft Office 2016 and 2013 for Windows, and Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac are available for free to UNC students. For download and installation options please visit: https://software.sites.unc.edu/software/microsoft-products/
UNC shareware offers a number of software packages for free to anyone who has an Onyen. Software includes:
- Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials & ClamXav for Mac OSX
- Browsers: Firefox
- File transfer: SSH/SFTP for Windows, Fetch for Mac
- File archives: WinZip for Windows, StuffIt for Mac
- Printing: Client software for campus-wide printing
- VPN: Cisco VPN client
- ...and other applications and utilities.