Health Informatics Liaison Research Associate
with UNC at Chapel Hill and RTI International
We seek a motivated individual with five (5) years experience in health or clinical informatics to develop collaborative research programs between two leading research institutions in North Carolina. The successful candidate will spend at least two days per week at each institution developing collaborative proposals for grants and/or Federal contracts in the health informatics area broadly defined. The appointment will be made for one year in the School of Information & Library Science at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, renewable for a second year based on performance. Subsequent appointments will be determined by grants or contracts received.
• Ph.D. in information or computer science, public or clinical health services, or related fields;
• 5 years experience in research-intensive setting focusing on an area of Health IT or health informatics broadly defined;
• Experience as PI or Co-PI on grants or Federal contracts and ability to develop proposals in health informatics;
• Ability to work collaboratively and build bridges between different research units across institutions
• Experience with NIH or NSF grant and/or Federal contracting procedures
• Familiarity with UNC or RTI capabilities and resources
• Familiarity with key national level health IT programs and initiatives
• Desire to initiate new collaborative projects that cross institutional boundaries
• An interest in Health IT innovation and in leading and supporting Health IT related grants and contracts
Click on http://jobs.unc.edu/2501119 from any internet browser to apply for the position.
Please include a letter application, vita, and names and contact information for three references in your applicant profile.
If you have any questions about the job requirements or the hiring department, please contact Susan Sylvester, Executive Assistant to the Dean, 919-962-8368, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.
UNC at Chapel Hill RTI International