A new course titled, "Intro to Public Health Informatics" will be available beginning this fall on Thursdays from 2:00 to 2:50 p.m. The instructor is Amy Ising (ising [at] email [dot] unc [dot] edu) with guest speakers, including, but not limited to:
- Dr. Megan Davies, State Epidemiologist for North Carolina
- Larry Forrister, Director of IT for NC Division of Public Health
- Walter Kemper, ELR Coordinator for NC Division of Public Health
- W. Holt Anderson, Executive Director of NCHICA
The course will offer students an opportunity to:
- Gain an overview of the history and significance of public health informatics
- Discuss public health information systems in use today and their roles within the broader health care system
- Hear first-hand experiences from practicing public health professionals working or conducting research in this area
This is the introductory course for a new graduate-level Certificate in Public Health Informatics currently under development. For more information, please contact Dr. Javed Mostafa at email@example.com.
Intro to Public Health Informatics
EPID 690, SECTION 003
(1 credit hour; no pre-reqs.)
Thursdays, 2:00 – 2:50 p.m.
Partially sponsored by the Carolina Health Informatics Program