The School of Information and Library Science Alumni Association (SILSAA) will host a Field Experience Exploration Event on November 28th from 5:30-7:00 p.m. in the Pleasants Family Assembly Room in the Wilson Library. Pizza will be served!
SILS students are invited to hear from former and current field experience supervisors from a variety of academic, public and special libraries in the area during a panel discussion. Learn about their professional work, the kinds of projects students have done at their organizations and the professional skills you can build through a field experience. Students who have completed field experiences and supervisors from Duke University, UNC at Chapel Hill, Intrahealth International, NCLIVE as well as other representatives - including members of the SILSAA Board - will be in attendance. Dr. Jeffrey Pomerantz, director of the SILS Field Experience program, and Kaitlyn Murphy, SILS student services manager, will be on hand to answer questions about setting up a field experience for credit.
- Kim Duckett, associate head, Digital Technologies & Learning Research and Information Services, North Carolina State University (NCSU)
- Kimberly Hirsh, managing editor, LearnNC
- Debra Kurtz, assistant director, ITS and Head of Digital Experience Services, Duke University
- Representative from IntraHealth
- Jason Reed, field experience student, EPA Library
- Karen McElfresh, field experience student, IntraHealth International
- Kerry Browder, field experience student, Health Sciences Library
- Kevin Klipfel, field experience student, NCSU
We hope you'll join us!
SILS Alumni Association Board