Tammy Cox, assistant dean of administration at the School of Information and Library Science, has two reasons to celebrate.
She has been elected treasurer of the UNC at Chapel Hill Employee Forum. The Forum is made up of EPA non-faculty and SPA employees who are elected by their peers. The Forum's mission is to address constructively the concerns of UNC-CH Employees by:
- Seeking out the issues, interests, ideas, and participation of Employees
- Developing proactive, progressive recommendations and advocating these to the Administration and the represented Employees
- Providing an effective two-way communication link between the Administration and the Employees
- Fostering an open and positive environment throughout the University community
- Supporting achievement of the University's mission of teaching, research, and public service
The vision of “the Employee Forum seeks to continually improve the quality of life at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill for its Students, Faculty, and Employees through mutual understanding, recognition of Employee contributions, and respect for the worth of the individual.”
Cox has also achieved the status of Certified Research Administrator (CRA) from the Research Administrators Certification Council. According to the Research Administrators Certification Council, "the designation of Certified Research Administrator... means that an individual has met the Research Administrator Certification Council eligibility requirements and has demonstrated knowledge of the fundamental information necessary for a person to be a professional research or sponsored program administrator." The Certification is valid for five years.