Why do you give? Do you give to take advantage of the tax benefit or do something extra for the causes we hold especially dear? Both?
Please consider giving to SILS this year. Give online at sils.unc.edu/giving (Click on “make your gift now”) as late as 11:59 PM on December 31 and receive a 2013 receipt.
Your giving helps our students, faculty and programs. Thanks to donor gifts last year:
- 211 SILS students received fellowships, assistantships or other student support;
- 13 students received research awards to conduct research;
- 5 faculty members received support for teaching, research and service;
- 2 distinguished lectures were held;
- The SILS Library expanded its folklore collection; and
- The SILS career services program provides tomorrow’s information professionals with meaningful career opportunities.
See more ways your support has helped SILS at http://sils.unc.edu/giving/how-your-gift-helps.
Mailing a check? Send it to our secure lock box at the address below by December 31, 2013.
UNC School of Information and Library Science
PO Box 309
Chapel Hill, NC 27514-0309
Make your check payable to UNC-CH and designate SILS in the memo line.
Want to give stock? Many people find this the most cost-effective gift of all.
Please contact Stephanie Cole, our SILS director of development, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-843-9378 with any questions. You may also contact Candace Clark, Carolina’s Director of Gift Services, at 919-962-3967.
Peace of the Season,
Dean, School of Information and Library Science
Cary C. Boshamer Distinguished Professor
Photo © Planinas | "http://www.stockfreeimages.com/">Stock Free Images