iConference 2013: Regular registration ends Jan 27, 2013
12-15 February, 2013, Fort Worth, Texas
Regular registration rates for iConference 2013 run through Jan. 27, 2013. Late fees apply thereafter. Register today at http://www.ischools.org/iConference13/registration/.
We are also pleased to announce that the iConference is once again supported by Conference Navigator, a social system for conference attendees that provides personal scheduling, social linking and personalized recommendations of papers. Log in at http://halley.exp.sis.pitt.edu/cn3/legacy.php?conferenceID=98
The eighth annual iConference takes place February 12-15, 2013, at the Worthington Renaissance Hotel in Fort Worth, Texas. The event is sure to live up to the high-quality tradition established in earlier years, and a complete 2013 program schedule is now posted at https://www.conftool.pro/iConference13/sessions.php
This year’s conference highlights include:
- 36 Full conference papers, 36 Notes (short papers) and 100 Posters examining critical areas of study in the information field.
- 12 engaging alternative events and 12 thought-provoking Workshops, the latter including a special workshop on information privacy, as well as this year’s contribution from the Sociotechnical Research group.
- 3 dynamic keynote addresses from speakers Nancy Cantor of Syracuse University, Myron Gutmann of the National Science Foundation, and V. Lane Rawlins of the University of North Texas.
- A student Social Media Expo with multimedia presentations centered on leveraging social media to foster lifelong learning in everyday live.
- A Doctoral Colloquium (open to invited applicants) and an Early Career Colloquium (open to junior faculty and postdocs who have registered for the colloquium).
- Our first-ever Research Paper Development Roundtable.
- A one-of-a-kind wild-West themed opening reception at Billy Bob's Texas, the "World's Largest Honky Tonk”.
- An Awards Luncheon featuring the iCaucus’s inaugural Doctoral Dissertation Award, and also the Lee Dirks Memorial Best Paper Award, honoring this long-time friend of the conference.
At $560 (regular standard) and $290 (regular student), participation in the iConference is a great value! A light breakfast and full lunch is included on all conference days. Access to ALL official conference social events is likewise included—Opening Reception, Awards Luncheon and a Farewell Social.
iConference 2013 is presented by the iSchools (www.ischools.org) and hosted by the College of Information at the University of North Texas. Presenting Sponsors include the National Science Foundation and Microsoft Research. Additional support provided by CA Technologies, Emerald Group Publishing, Branchfire, Morgan & Claypool Publishers, UNT Libraries, UNT Office of Research and Economic Development, and the UNT COI Alumni Society.
Conference Navigator: http://halley.exp.sis.pitt.edu/cn3/legacy.php?conferenceID=98