On Tuesday, "The 2013 Emerging Trends in Information Professions Showcase" took place at Motorco Music Hall in Durham. This lively event included lightening talks by SILS faculty, alumnus and student and a panel discussion by some local IT/IS companies.
Lightening Presentations featured:
- Zeynep Tufekci, Fellow, Center of IT Policy, Princeton University; faculty UNC- Chapel Hill SILS; and blogger of technosociology.org - who presented on Social Media Impact Trends in 2013
- Abe Crystal, (SILS alumnus) Principal Design Researcher, MoreBetterLabs; Co-Founder/CEO, Ruzuku Inc.- who presented on Web Services Trends
- Oakkar Oakkar, Master’s Program, UNC SILS; Co-Founder/CEO, Keona Health- who presented on Health Informatics in 2013
Panelists- local companies working the field shared their insights.
- Joe Colopy, Founder/ CEO, Bronto
- Emma Battle, President, Three Ships Media
- Adam Covati, Founder/ CEO, Argyle Social
- Todd Moy, Senior UX Designer, Viget
- Katie Page and Anthony Deloso, Founders, Knurture
The event was moderated by UNC SILS Dean Dr. Gary Marchionini.
For those who couldn't attend, the video of the event, produced by SILS graduate student Matt Poland, is now available on the SILS Vimeo channel at: https://vimeo.com/60896579
Special thanks to Kelly Phoenix, event planner extraordinaire, and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Young Alumni who co-sponsored the event.