Amazing things are afoot at SILS!
This year, our undergraduate students:
• Attended networking events and met with working professionals from the field,
• Had exclusive access to companies in the Research Triangle Park and across the nation, and
• Met with recent alums to discuss how to get the most from the SILS experience.
We also had three firsts.
• Our undergraduates were recruited by two SILS alumni working at a Fortune 50 company.
• Our undergraduates founded a student chapter of Association of Information Technology Professionals (AITP).
• Our undergraduates applied in record numbers for leadership positions within Information Science Student Undergraduates Empowered or ISSUE (the SILS undergraduate student group).
Alumni and students achieve at high levels - the SILS undergraduate program is a part of that success. And now we have an opportunity to help ensure continued excellence and express our appreciation.
Will you join us and BSIS alumni with a gift today for the SILS BSIS Excellence Fund?
Click on "Make A Gift" now. By doing so, you can provide SILS with specific resources to keep the undergraduate program competitive - for example, funding for AITP student membership dues. A gift of $30 could pay AITP dues for one year for one SILS undergraduate, which could lead to a competitive job in the future. Each of us can make a unique contribution to this School. Every gift, regardless of size, is valuable.
SILS makes giving easy. Visit our safe, secure online giving site to make a one-time gift or set up a recurring gift, which is a monthly gift via credit card, bank draft or (if you are a Carolina employee) payroll deduction. Please give now.
Make A Gift
Give today and join us in preparing the way for those who are still to come.
2013-2014 ISSUE President
Dr. Gary Marchionini
Cary C. Boshamer Distinguished Professor