The UNC School of Information and Library Science (SILS) invites applications for two tenure/tenure-track faculty positions with a starting date of July 1, 2018. Candidates at all ranks are welcome to apply.
1. Academic and Research Library Innovation
Faculty seek an outstanding colleague with research and teaching interests in academic and research library innovation and leadership. We are especially interested in people who are taking a leading role in:
- Shaping emerging academic and research library roles and responsibilities
- Helping library managers plan for and evaluate progress toward these new roles
- Improving and envisioning new forms of access to special collections
- Imagining and building new tools to disseminate and use the scholarly record
- Stewarding of research data and other heterogeneous scholarly products
- Preserving the broader cultural record underlying research and scholarship
- Educating the next generation of public or technical services librarians OR
- Establishing new models for working with funders, vendors, publishers, and scholarly societies
Review of applications will begin on October 16, 2017, and will continue until the position is filled. View the University job posting and submit applications at http://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/123141.
2. Sociotechnical Data Science
The faculty seeks an outstanding colleague with research and teaching interests in sociotechnical data studies and human-centered data science. Research areas include, but are not limited to:
- Data ethics, law, and policy, including security, privacy and society
- Human-data interaction and sociotechnical perspectives on data work
- Data-oriented design, infrastructure, and theory
- Computational science (including computational social science, computational biology, as well as other computational scientific disciplines)
- Data science methods (from machine learning to human-computer interaction)
Review of applications will begin October 1, 2017 and continue until the position is filled. View the University job posting and submit applications at http://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/123185
Faculty are expected to engage in research, teach, advise students, and participate in school, university, and professional activities. Candidates should thrive in an intellectually stimulating, multidisciplinary environment. Those with fresh and innovative ideas, a commitment to professional engagement, and an appreciation for cultural diversity are encouraged to apply.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes all to apply, including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.