All lists created for SILS community projects and organizations will be created and maintained by faculty, students or staff at https://selfservice.unc.edu/ListManager/Default.aspx. All class lists are maintained by the administrative office in conjunction with faculty members. Please speak with your professor if you need assistance with a class list.
More information on the UNC listserv system is available here: http://help.unc.edu/help/listserv-administrators-faq-collection/
You are automatically subscribed to the appropriate lists once you become part of the SILS community:
email@example.com - a list for everyone: staff, faculty, and students.
firstname.lastname@example.org - a list for master's students
email@example.com - a list for doctoral students
firstname.lastname@example.org - a list for students majoring in information and library science
email@example.com - a list for students minoring in information and library science
Students must subscribe/unsubscribe themselves to all other lists at:
Instructions on subscribing and unsubcribing are here: https://help.unc.edu/help/listserv-subscribers-faq-collection/
Other listservs that might be of interest:
firstname.lastname@example.org - the list for the student chapter of the Special Libraries Association (SLA)
email@example.com - the list for the student chapter of the American Society for Information Science & Technology (ASIS&T)
firstname.lastname@example.org - the list for the student chapter of the Society of American Archivists (SCOSAA)
email@example.com - the list for the Art & Museum Library & Information Student Society (AMLISS)
firstname.lastname@example.org - the list for Information Science Student Undergraduates Empowered (ISSUE)
Alumni Association List
email@example.com - the list for graduates of the School of Information and Library Science
You may subscribe to any of the lists as a daily digest as follows:
- Login with you Onyen credentials at https://selfservice.unc.edu
- Click the ListManager tab.
- Type in sils-jobs for example, and click the Visit button.
- Click My Account tab on the left.
- Then enter your subscribed email address, click OK and enter your ListServ password and click OK.
- If you don't remember the password, type random characters click OK to access the "Email Password" button.
- Once logged in, under "Membership Type" change the pull-down menu from "Normal" to"Digest" and click to "Save Changes".