Graduate certificates allow currently enrolled graduate students to develop strength in predefined areas of concentration. Completion of the requirements for a certificate results in an endorsement on the student's transcript.
Below are links to more information on certificates offered by SILS, as well as other certificates that have been popular choices for SILS students. For a full list of currently available certificates, visit the UNC Graduate School’s web Certificate Programs page.
- Clinical Information Science
- Digital Curation
- Digital Humanities
- Interdisciplinary Health Communication
- International Development
- Public Health Informatics
Additional Opportunities at SILS
- Archives and Records Management (ARM) Concentration
- MSIS Specializations
- MSLS Specializations
- Post Master's Certificate in Data Curation – Designed for professionals with master’s degrees who want to develop new competencies so they can lead their organization’s policies and standards for digital collections and data management.
- School Library Media Coordinator Program – Prepares current students and professionals with a master’s degree for the NC 076 school library media coordinator license.
- SILS Diversity Advocate Certificate – Offering formal recognition (but no transcript endorsement) to SILS students who are active participants in making SILS and the field of information and library science a more diversity-friendly learning environment.