Microsoft Products Available through SILS
The SILS Microsoft Imagine Premium site offers SILS students the software listed below. Please note that Microsoft Office Standard is not included, but is available through the UNC ITRC.
- Access 2016 & 2019
- Visio Professional 2016 & 2019
- Project Professional 2016 & 2019
- Visual Studio 2016 & 2019
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- And more
**Note: Visio, Project and Access 2016/2019 can not be installed if Office 2016 is currently installed. They do install alongside Office 365 which can be obtained from office.unc.edu. Due note that the Office 365 software will expire when you leave the university.
Please review the usage guidelines for current institutional usage guidelines. You may use the software for non-commercial purposes including instructional use, research and/or design, development and testing of projects for class assignment and tests or personal projects. You may not use the program software for any for-profit software development.
When you are no longer a registered student in a department that is a member of the Microsoft Imagine Premium, you may no longer receive updates for your personal use computer. However, you may continue to use previously installed software on your computer, provided you continue to follow program guidelines.
You may not give copies of loaned software to anyone else for their use. Other qualifying students must obtain software via the method(s)set up by the Microsoft Imagine Site Administrator.
If you violate the terms of the License Agreement and EULA, the Microsoft Imagine Program Administrator will demand confirmation of removal of the program software on your personal use computer.
Using Microsoft Imagine
- Visit the SILS Microsoft Imagine Site
- Click the "Sign In" link at the top of the page. If you do not have a DreamSpark account, please use this form to request one.
- Enter your UNC e-mail address in the form of email@example.com as your username. Note: please do this, even if your email address uses @live.unc.edu instead of @email.unc.edu. (aliases will not work). Enter the password you created for your account.
- Find your desired software, and add it to your cart. Then click on your shopping cart at the top right corner of the page and select "check out".
- Follow the on screen prompts to accept the terms and provide user information.
1. Select "Download" from the order receipt page, as shown above.
2. Be sure to record the Product Key number (in red) that you will use to install your software. These will NOT be e-mailed to you - you must view them on the Imagine website. You can access this key later by locating the receipt through your order details on Microsoft Imagine.
3. Follow the instructions onscreen to continue the product download.
4. Once the product has downloaded, open the downloaded folder and select "setup.exe". Your computer may take several minutes to install the software.
5. The first time you launch your software, you will be asked to provide the product key you saved in step 2. You can also find this product key on the Microsoft Imagine site:
Click the "Your Accounts/Orders" link at the top right side of the page to find a list of your orders.
From there, you can locate the order containing the desired product, and then click "View Details". On the next page, the product key is displayed.