Employers: Are you looking for a way to reach our students? There are several options:
- Career Fairs - University Career Services sponsors a number of career fairs throughout the year that allow your organization to meet with a large volume students in a marketplace setting.
- Panel Discussions - SILS offers career panels each year on a variety of career topics. Let us know if you wish to participate as a panelist. There are usually representatives from 4-5 organizations who discuss preparation for the career field, typical responsibilities, career paths, etc.
- Industry Nights - University Career Services sponsors informal gatherings that bring together students and professionals to discuss targeted career areas.
- Speakers for Campus Organizations - SILS Career Services can assist you in connecting with the appropriate audience for your organization.
- Information Sessions & Presentations - SILS can assist with scheduling and publicity. Space in Manning Hall includes a/v equipment.
- Post a Job/Fellowship on Handshake - University Career Services is pleased to offer employers the opportunity to connect with UNC students in online postings via Handshake. Handshake is a networked platform used for recruiting college students at nearly 400 colleges and universities. If you are already a Handshake user, simply go to the “schools” option and request access to University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill. If you do not currently have a Handshake account, you will first need to create one before being able to post your opportunity, using the following steps. More details here: https://careers.unc.edu/employers/post-job-or-internship.
- Post a Job/Fellowship on SILS listserv: If you are looking to post a job, job announcements may be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Professional positions will be posted on the this listserv. Pre-professional, internship and volunteer positions will be sent electronically to student listservs at SILS. All jobs are posted free of charge.
If you are interested in one or more of these options, please contact Lori Haight, Career Services Coordinator, at email@example.com or 919.962.2226.
University Career Services (UCS) is available to all SILS students (and alumni in their first six months after graduation) and offers additional general career services and resources to help you reach your career goals. The UCS employer database, Handshake, holds information on job and internship postings, as well as details about on-campus recruiting, resume collections by employers, and much more. As an information professional, it is strongly recommended to create a free account in Handshake to take advantage of any employer contacts that are recruiting for library and information science opportunities.In addition to the database on job openings, part time employment and internships, UCS also offers workshops on job-searching skills, mock interview training, and employer information. There are also Career Fairs in the fall and spring.
Researching an organization or people in it: http://www.zoominfo.com