Digital Media Lab (Room 250)
The Digital Media Lab at SILS is a dedicated space for SILS student, faculty, and staff projects. Using professional equipment and software in the DML, you can:
• Record high-quality video and/or audio;
Create a photo from a video
• Apply visual effects to video recording using a green screen
• Apply sound effects to audio recording using a mixer
• Use teleprompter
• Edit video and/or audio using software
(i.e., OBS, Camtasia, and Adobe Premiere)
How to reserve digital media lab
SILS students, faculty, or staff wishing to use the Digital Media Lab should make reservations through Office 365 Calendar (Manning 250; SILS_manning250.email@example.com). If you are having trouble reserving the lab, please contact the SILS Help Desk. You can check the current schedule of the Digital Media Lab here: https://opal.ils.unc.edu/reservations/
The SILS help desk can also arrange an introductory session to the technology in Room 250 with advance notice.
Please note that the key to the Digital Media Lab is at the SILS help desk – individuals with a reservation to use the room should stop by the help desk first to pick up the key.
What is in the Digital Media Lab?
• Panasonic AG-UX90p (60hz) 4K Video Camera on Tripod
• BlackMagic Intensity Pro 4K Video Capture Card
• Green Screen for Chroma Key Videos
• Soundproofed Ceiling and Wall
• Shure CVO Overhead Microphone
• RODE NT USB Microphone
• Yamaha MG10XU Mixer
• Softbox Light and Beam Lights
• iCue Teleprompter Application on iPad
• DELL Optiplex 9020 PC with Smart Podium Monitor
• OBS, Camtasia, and Adobe Premiere
If you have a question, please contact SILS Help Desk at 919-962-8188 or firstname.lastname@example.org.