Welcome to The Digital Media Lab at SILS! Available to SILS student, faculty, and staff, this lab space is equipped with professional equipment and software to allow users to:
• Record high-quality video and/or audio;
Create a photo from a video
• Apply visual effects to video recording using a green screen
• Apply sound effects to audio recording using a mixer
• Use of a teleprompter
• Edit video and/or audio using software
(i.e., OBS, Camtasia, and Adobe Premiere)
Use of the Digital Media Lab requires a reservation (instructions are found below) and access to the room requires a key, located at the SILS IT Help Desk in the SILS Library of Manning Hall.
What is in the Digital Media Lab?
• Panasonic AG-UX90p (60hz) 4K Video Camera on Tripod
• BlackMagic Intensity Pro 4K Video Capture Card
• Green Screen for Chroma Key Videos
• Soundproofed Ceiling and Wall
• Shure CVO Overhead Microphone
• RODE NT USB Microphone
• Yamaha MG10XU Mixer
• Softbox Light and Beam Lights
• iCue Teleprompter Application on iPad
• DELL Optiplex 9020 PC with Smart Podium Monitor
• OBS, Camtasia, and Adobe Premiere
How to reserve digital media lab
SILS students, faculty, or staff wishing to use the Digital Media Lab should contact the SILS Help Desk at email@example.com and include the date and time you would like to reserve the space.
First time using the Lab? The SILS help desk can also arrange an introductory session to the technology in Media Lab. Just request a time a date for through email.
Please note that the key to the Digital Media Lab is at the SILS help desk – individuals with a reservation to use the room should stop by the help desk first to pick up the key.