Students are admitted three times per year, with cohorts starting classes in January, May, and August.
- Deadline for May admission – March 10
- Deadline for August admission – June 9
- Deadline for January admission – October 8
- Bachelor’s degree (based on a four-year curriculum) completed before graduate study begins or its international equivalent with an accredited institution
- Average grade of B (cumulative GPA 3.0) or better
Applicants must submit
- An online application
- Payment of an application fee ($90.00, non-refundable)
- Transcripts for all coursework
- Current letters of recommendation (the email address of three recommenders will be required within the online application)
- International applicants must send scores on the TOEFL. The graduate school’s TOEFL minimum requirement for admission is 90. For the IELTS the minimum is 7
- A statement of purpose
- Copy of resumé/curriculum vitae
- GRE or MCAT scores no more than five years old OR meet one of the criteria outlined below:
- Applicants who hold a master’s degree or a terminal research degree (e.g. JD, MD, DDS, PhD) may request a waiver for the GRE. Please let Programs Officer Shirley Parker know in advance if you intend to seek a waiver.
- Prospective students with a bachelor’s degree may opt to take the INLS 750 Introduction to Digital Curation as a non-degree seeking post-baccalaureate student by applying to the Friday Center for Continuing Education. If students perform adequately in this course, they can request a GRE waiver for their application.
International students are encouraged to apply to the PSM programs. As this is an online program, students are not required to obtain a Visa.
For information about program costs and funding resources, please visit the UNC Professional Science Master’s website.