We are an Information School that is rooted in the values of library science: universal access, collaboration, intellectual freedom, learning, organization and stewardship.
Monthly giving provides SILS with a predictable revenue stream and highly efficient source of income. Our cost of processing your gift is reduced, so even more of your gift goes to support the SILS mission. For this reason, we call our monthly donors “sustainers.” You can join this growing group for a monthly gift of as little as $5.
The benefits for SILS are plentiful and obvious. What are the benefits to you? SILS Distinguished Alumnus David Goble (MSLS ’94) explains:
- Monthly, sustaining gifts to SILS are convenient and easy to establish. You give via credit card or bank draft (or payroll deduction if you work for UNC).
- You set the gift up once and never have to do anything again – unless you want to increase, decrease or cancel your gift – which is also very easy.
- The impact will be dramatic in aggregate and over time. We’re talking about the power of joining with your fellow alumni, to do something together, to do something of impact.
- SILS will publicly recognize you as a sustaining donor (unless you want to be anonymous). Every year, the school publishes a roster of its donors, typically in the fall newsletter.
- To paraphrase the imminently regarded and much-loved SILS retired Dean Edward Holley, you will be acting “for the good of the order.”
We invite you to become a SILS Sustainer today. It’s easy and quick. For simple instructions, please visit https://sils.unc.edu/giving/ways-of-giving.