Led by Teaching Assistant Professor Casey Rawson, SILS faculty and staff have put together a free pantry for SILS graduate students, located in the graduate student lounge in Manning Hall.
The pantry will be regularly monitored, stocked and replenished by SILS faculty and staff.
Popular items in the pantry include:
- Ready-to-heat dishes (mac and cheese cups, microwave rice, Ramen noodles, etc.)
- Foil packets of fish or chicken
- Canned soups
- Dried fruit and trail mix
- Beef jerky
- Soy or almond milk
Guidelines for students who wish to utilize the pantry:
- Take what you need. These items are there for you and we want them to be used. I will monitor the pantry stock and work with our faculty and staff to replenish it regularly. There are shopping bags next to the bookshelf if you need them.
- Leave what you can. There is no pressure at all for you to donate – after all, we created this resource for you! But if you would like to, contributions of nonperishable, unopened items are welcome.
- Maintain the space for others. Please keep the space neat and organized.
How to contribute to the food pantry:
Anyone interested in donating items directly to the pantry can contact SILS Teaching Assistant Professor Casey Rawson via email at email@example.com.
Donations can also be made online at sils.unc.edu/giving/make-your-gift.