The UNC School of Information and Library Science (SILS) has established a fund to help SILS students facing hardships caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and the transition to remote learning. In addition, the SILS Student Emergency Fund can assist SILS students with expenses incurred due to other short-term emergencies such as job loss or natural disasters. At this time, there is a limit of $500 per request.
The University Office of Scholarships and Student Aid reviews all requests for special funding to ensure your previously awarded financial support is not impacted. There is currently a turnaround of approximately one week to determine eligibility.
SILS students should complete this form to request funding. (Please note: the purpose of emergency funding is not for regular cost-of-attendance items such as tuition, fees, or books).
The Carolina COVID-19 Financial Assistance page outlines emergency funding available to all University students, including CARES Act funding from the U.S. Department of Education and the Carolina Student Impact Fund. If you have unique financial needs that are not addressed on the page, email the Office of Scholarships and Student Aid at email@example.com and explain your situation and request assistance.
Understand we are here to support your academic experience in every possible way. Please reach out to any of the following employees at SILS if you need assistance:
- Lara Bailey, Graduate Student Services Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tammy Cox, Executive Associate Dean (email@example.com)
- Shayna Flint, Undergraduate Student Services Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Brian Sturm, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs (email@example.com)
- Anne Webb, Associate Dean for Development (firstname.lastname@example.org)