In support of the University’s diversity goals and the mission of the UNC School of Information and Library Science, SILS embraces and promotes diversity and inclusion in all their forms. We broadly define diversity to include ability, age, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, immigration status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status. SILS is committed to preparing our graduates to be leaders in an increasingly multicultural and global society.
To this end, we strive to:
- Ensure that our leadership, policies, and practices are inclusive
- Integrate diversity into our curriculum and research
- Promote and nurture an environment in which diverse perspectives and experiences are respected and valued
- Recruit and retain students, faculty, and staff from traditionally underrepresented groups
- Participate in outreach to underserved communities in North Carolina and beyond
We are committed to cultivating an academic environment that is open, representative, and equitable to all.
~The Faculty and Staff of the UNC School of Information and Library Science